NEXT OPEN WATER BERMUDA - NATIONAL CHAMPS WILL BE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2019
This event includes distances of 5k, 1.5k and 400m, and serves as a good preparation for Round the Round in October.
For any questions about the OWB - National Championships, e-mail email@example.com
The Open Water Bermuda – National Championships was established as the formal championship for Open Water Bermuda. This is held each year off Clearwater Beach, with three sets of routes and staggered starts.
UPCOMING EVENTS - REGISTER HERE
The three distances (5k, 1500m, 400m) are swum off of Clearwater Beach. The 5k represents one straight along the beach followed by three full loops, the 1500m is a single loop, and the 400m is a single straight stretch along the beach.
- Q: Do I need a support boat?
- A: No. safety craft are monitoring the course.
Q: Are there water stops along the swim course?
- A: No, there will be drinks at the finish.
Q: How will I navigate during the swim?
- A: The course will be marked. In addition you will receive information on the course during the pre-race meeting.
- Q: Are wetsuits allowed?
- A: No. The water temperature will be around 80f on race day.